Monday, January 30, 2006

Blue for Bravery

I went to my cousin's wedding recently. Lucky for me, my good friend, Mr. Bright Eyes came with me and the rugratz.

I've known him about a year and have written a few stories about him. He is a really nice guy and I enjoy spending time with him. It was with him that came the stories of the rubber bracelets which I still wear today. Remember....black for stability bracelet? Then, there was purple and white when I tried to be a drama queen.

Well, it seems likes there is a new color in town. That would be blue for bravery.

Mr. Bright Eyes informed me he saved the black bracelet. Wow. Impress me, why don't you! In his thoughtfullness, he brought me a gift. He gave me a blue one that said bravery. Ok. I am still impressed. He told me that I was amazing and brave to raise kids alone and manage all the things I do. See.....I told you he was amazing in his own right.

We had a great time at the wedding. The rugratz were well-behaved. We met and sat with some good people. And, it was really nice to see some of my Minnesota family together. Although the ceremony was the highlight, I especially loved lounging by the fire deep in conversation with him. I floated on air the whole 2 1/2 hour drive home. What a great way to spend a weekend.

Hopefully, he won't disappear in the next few months. He is a natural nomad and is living in his third city since I met him. Maybe if we are lucky, we will actually get to spend some time together before I take my permenent leave of the great state of Minnesota. I guess it is my turn to be a nomad. We will see. In the mean time, I will enjoy being brave as he seeks his stability.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home