Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today was the day. Although I didn't know it when I woke up, four hours later after a really nice business meeting, I knew. It was time to make the journey to the pumpkin patch.

I have been scouting local stores and markets for white pumpkins for the past two weeks. Much to my chagrin, all I found was your typical orange pumpkin. Now, I like pumpkins in any color, but I have found that the glow from the orange inside flowing out of a white pumpkin to be to my favorite. And the year we first put them out, everyone else liked them too.

A few days ago, I saw the white pumpkins at a local farm and made that mental note to go back with my son. With the last two years before he becomes an adult, I try to makes sure we practice the family traditions that he may one day pass down to his own. And picking, carving and cleaning pumpkins is definitely a tradition I believe my future grandchildren will appreciate.

At the farm, it was a quick beeline to the white patch. We did browse the extra-large $20 orange pumpkins, but it was right back over to the white ones. It didn't take long to pick our favorites since the quality standard we have is just three rules. #1. It must stand up straight. #2. It must have a clear front/face area. #3. It must have a stem. After purchasing and loading them into the car it was off to home.

The new dilemma is figuring out what designs we use. Scary, silly, happy, angry, surprised.....there are so many choices. Maybe a picture or a saying? We have about a week to decide and then comes the slimy pumpkin guts with lots of seeds included.

I'll post pictures soon. Happy Pre-Halloween!

Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) 60 second burger run Fired Chicken

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home