Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Light flowed...

Yesterday was the first day of my life.

To commence the very first day yesterday, I decided to do something I had been told to do by several knowledgeable people who have passed through my life including my former trainer. I decided to have breakfast.

Now, having breakfast may not seem like a big deal for some, but I have never really been an early morning eater. My best friend from back in the school days can attest that eating so early was not necessarily a good thing for me or the environment around me. I think I know why too.

I am a night owl. I think I was born a night owl. I remember being yelled at for not going to sleep as far back as two years old. I battled my mother for years until I developed stealthy techniques of playing in the dark or until my mom gave up and quit trying to enforce an unnatural sleep schedule. I remember listening to the golden age of radio and various shows on my clock radio after watching Johnny Carson on the television. I never understood why midnight was like daytime to me. And when the sun came up, I was ready for bed. The last thing I wanted to do was eat something as my body was ready to crash. Like a typical night owl, dinner was later than usual. That was just my life and my so-called circadian rhythm sleep disorder.

Anyways, I decided to break the mold yesterday and made breakfast to the delight of my teenage son. He was happy. I make breakfast every so often and he cherishes each time. So the morning started out with two happy campers....three if my old trainer only knew.

My next step in the rest of my life was going to the doctor. I haven't been in a while due to the lack of insurance, but the receptionist informed me they could get me in the same day and they had a new program for people like me. Wow, guess this day is getting better.

I was in for a bigger surprise when I found out that a couple of my prescriptions were free. Okay, Obama. I guess change is really good and comes with some perks aka blessings sometimes.

Later that day, I made contact with several people who have a positive place in my life. It felt like my positive attitude was being reinforced by fate. Over and over, I felt like life was actually working out. I could feel myself strengthen within like I gained more heart in the Legend of Zelda game. And then it happened....

I looked up. In the sky, it appeared. It felt like I was looking at one of the most amazing pictures. Up above, I saw the God rays. If you have ever seen them, you know how beautiful they are. They remind that of my place and purpose in this life and how small yet loved I am. Seeing the God rays yesterday was like getting a notice to shape up and enjoy every minute of it.

I agree. Time to let the light flow like it did yesterday.


Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home