Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Her.

I have been thinking of her lately. It is not that I want to think of her or enjoy thinking of her. She just keeps entering my mind and streaks across my thoughts throughout the day. Every time she appears, my smile fades.

I remember when I met her. It was at her house. She was casually folding clothes on her blue sofa in the den. She was sitting next to someone that would be in my life for the next couple years. Her attitude was cavalier and concerned me. It was possible that she would be in my future for a long time, attitude and all. Did I really want this? Would it improve in time?

Later, I would realize that the attitude would only get worse. She had never heard of that saying about throwing rocks at glass houses. And she didn't throw rocks either, she heaved boulders. I learned quickly that her most hurtful assaults would be privately to my face or publicly veiled in kindness.

It went on for years. I tried to thicken my nerve sheaths without losing my heart's kindness. Eventually, I began to expect the stony material to appear flying towards me. My reflexes went on high alert in her presence. I knew I needed to stay away, but that opportunity had not availed itself until....

Finally, the nail was hit on the head, the stars aligned, a door opened, fate intervened and the BM hit the fan. I could finally walk away.

When I think about it now, I think I sprinted. I didn't look back. I just kept moving forward creating positive kinetic energy as I healed from the damage she caused. I knew everything would eventually be okay. I knew the the scars would become my shield of strength when needed and I could forgive her for the unkindness.

I was surprised yesterday when my mind's door opened and she was standing there. I have seen her current picture recently and know that time has affected her. But in my thoughts, she looked the same. It was as if this selection of my memory was frozen to years before. Still, I smiled. Because with just a blink, I thought of something joyful and she was gone. And I smiled and was happy again.

Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

the mind is such a powerful tool! It's amazing what changing your thoughts can do!

"when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" my favorite quote, by wayne dyer!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home