Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Return of the Leaving

As the chorus goes....

Boy, I'm leaving you again and I thought I'd tell you when. I know how you must feel, but if your love's for real. You'd try to understand that I'm in popular demand.

When we first met, I told you how it would be. You said you understood and that you'd still keep loving me. Now, it seems your changing your mind each and everytime. One day, we will meet. You just wait and see. Because as of today, it has to be this way. Oh, wo, wo.

Boy, I wish that there was a way for you and I to stay together forever everyday. Boy, I would give you all of my love and place no one above. Boy, one day, we would meet. You just wait and see. But as of today, it has to be this way. Oh, wo, wo.

Oh boy, please tell me. Is there a way for you and I to stay together forever everyday. Oh, oh. oh. Please tell me. Do you still love me? Regardless through the way I leave, cause that's the way it has to be.

Shoop, shoop, doo wop means I'm never gonna give you up!

I've been MIA for awhile. Sometimes, my focus has to be on things I don't necessarily like, but have to do to keep moving on my path. Thank goodness I liked a few things in there. But, good news for all ye faithful. My return has come. And when I say return, I mean actual return. See, I just flew back to town yesterday as part of all the things I was doing. I did the student exchange thing and met some really great people. I took a few tours, ate some good food, and slept in a really amazing bed. Overall, as Martha would say....it was a very good thing.

Anyways, if you didn't figure it out earlier, the words in color above are lyrics to a favorite song of mine. It's called "I'm Leaving You Again" by New Edition. Here's a link on Amazon.com that let's you listen to a clip of it and other songs from the 1984 New Edition album. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Listen to Samples" section.

I fell for this song back in junior high in my Benji days. I think it meant something to me because we were such an on again/off again couple. Sadly to say, popularity was important to him. He wanted his friends to love him. Too bad that some of them were just plain creeps and ended up hurting him. But now, I am sure he has clarity and peace and all the love he ever needs. He'll always have mine.

Once again, back to New Edition.....LOL. When I was 15 years old, I bought tickets to the New Edition concert in Cleveland at the "Front Row Theater". It was a cool place because the venue was designed in circular shape and the stage moved slowly in circles in the middle. It was New Edition's Love Tour and the best seats we got was for the last row. We didn't care. We just wanted to go. There was one hitch. We had no ride. There was only one solution. I could drive, but only if I got my license the day of the concert. Talk about pressure. I remember practicing like crazy. I was worried about parallel parking, but somehow had managed to pull it off without hitting a cone. My only mistake was when we came upon an intersection and he said take a left. There were two lefts and I guess I chose the wrong one. I still passed and we were able to go to the concert afterall. Last row turned out to be lucky. The sound both was behind us and so were the dressing rooms. While we waited for the concert to begin, we got to see all the members either in the booth or in their dressing room. They were friendly and would wave at us too. I think I was lost in love at that moment and have never forgot it. I did manage to bring back a hat from the concert that Benji later permanently borrowed. That's ok with me because New Edition will always be connected to my time with Benji. It really was a "Love Tour" afterall.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Oh Oh the front row! That was a cool place! I went there for a school assembly, but my sister always saw 'Michael Stanley' there!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home