Friday, November 04, 2005

You'z Got 2 Chill

It is taking over my house. Everybody is ill today.

I knew last night that today was going to be bad. I was having trouble breathing and was feeling wiped out. I've been on anitbiotics since Monday with no improvements. Now, the very airway I appreciate so much was trying to shut the doors and put the closed sign up. If your air capacity is the size of a basketball, mine was feeling shrunk to a plum. I tried hard to not panic and kept using the inhaler the doctor gave me. This morning was even a harder battle to get the air in. I knew I was staying home today to try to recover.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

My son's school. It was the nurse. Please come get him she said. Really? Ok.

She found me when I got there. She asked if I was ok. I must be really looking beat up as I gasp for air. I guess my baby was spending some time at a puke party and needed some TLC. With his bag in tow, we were off to the clinic to upgrade my meds. After an hour and a half of sleeping in the waiting lounge, I informed the staff we were heading home to bed and they would have to call me when they could see me.

Fast forward 3 hours...

Hello. The doctor has changed your meds. Please come pick them up. The pharmacy closes in 15 minutes.

I can drive fast when I can't breath. I was there in 7. There was even an outfit change squeezed in there. I'm bad butthere was no way I was wearing my new jammies into a public building full of sick people. It's bad enough, I have my own germs to spread.

After a inhaler demo by the pharmacist and a run through on my new med schedule, I head home. It is time to check on the son still making dashes to the bathroom. Thank goodness he can sprint when he wants to. He thinks the meds he took two days ago is the the yellow stuff he sees. This turns into a long talk about body functions and fluids. What joy! I just want to breath.

Next, my other child walks in. She wants to me to fix her foot. She has two sores on one of her feet, which after close inspection looks like warts. Great. I treat my baby up and move back to snuggling the other child.

In the background, I hear my mom hack away. She came to visit and is now too sick to drive back to the Land of Buckeyes. She is hoping to get over this soon to get home, but was told today to take her time. I guess my step-dad wants nothing to do with the germs in my house. Who can blame him.

I guess I am going to go back in the other room and snuggle with my child and keep sipping my diet ginger ale. And although I do not have the flu since mine is bacterial, I would just like to remind all out there who are able to get their flu shots, to do so. I hear the flu this year is nastier than our gas prices.

Take care....

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

I didn't get my flu shot this year, now I'm scared! Hope you feel better!!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home