Monday, August 29, 2005

Hi Ho Hi Ho...Vacation Over

It's been a long while since I've expressed my creativity at Da House. It is amazing how other things in life can take over and lead you off into other directions. Lucky for me, I found my way back.

I spent time in Ohio and North Carolina this summer. Cancer has hit my family hard this year and I needed to return to where my foundation was laid. It has been a personal struggle letting go of so many loved ones over the years. My once big family has dwindled down to a mere few. I think about that everytime I see one of those sweatshirts with a family tree on them naming off all of their relatives. It is always a big green leafy tree with many strong branches to support the extensive list of family members. On the other hand, my tree is nothing like that. My tree would be like a tree seen on Halloween signs. It is sickly and dying. There are very few leaves if any. Upon reading my tree, people would probably think it was a memorial tree because of all of the death dates. It is sad, I know. The reality of it is that our family is probably 5 years away from being reduced to a two generation family. In 15 years, that reality will be determined by my children and the children of a couple of my cousins. Will they continue the family? I don't know, but they probably will. They will take their places in the world and hopefully improve the medical history gene pool for our family. One day, their descendents can wear sweatshirts with a big healthy family tree and I will smile from above knowing that my name is among the roots.


Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home