Thursday, July 05, 2007

Final Countdown

I have lived in my apartment for eight of the last nine years. It has been such a place of stability for my kids too. I have been dreading the day when we would have to move. It felt like I would lose the stability and have to start all over. We moved to Minnesota after the divorce. It was our safe haven after many moments of fear and having to hide. I wanted to quit looking over my shoulder and Minnesota offered that. It took a long time for me to relax, but I eventually did....at least a little. But now, it seems it is time to go home.

I have a cool job here, but I lack a place to move into. I have seen mobile homes on one acre go for $100,000. I found a few decent places, but they wanted $1,200 and $1,400 a month plus utilities. My income can't handle that demand. Cheaper ones were small and I saw a few that I think people died there. They were so icky. I just wanted to run.

There is good news. I found a new place for us in the Cleveland area. I love it. It is perfect. The management guy phoned me the other day to tell me I could have the apartment if I had a job there. They need to know I can pay rent every month. It is understandable. Now, I just need a job. Can I pull off a job in the next three weeks? We will see. My mom's house is our back-up, but I'd like to just move to our own place.

The other day, the neighbor gave me hope. She is looking in Colorado. She had a job interview over the phone and may have gotten it. I just need some of that luck now. I will be so happy to be near my family. And....I'll just be two blocks from my best friend. Life would be so good.

In the mean time, it is sending out resumes, packing our stuff and getting ready for the biggest yard sale of my life. I only want to move the basics. Dressers, living room set, and so many other things will have to go. May I only feel lightened when it is all over.

Keep us in your prayers as we take this leap.

Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Wow, your moving right along! That is ridiculous to pay that much for a place. i guess it's not so bad living in ohio! I'd never make it anywhere else.

You'll find something, there's lots of jobs in the cleveland area, most of the jobs in the paper are out that way.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, so exciting for you to take the leap of faith. Everything will work out wonderfully!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well its been a number of weeks, i hope you got a job and the Cleveland Appt, and the move went according to plan ( do they ever??)
Keep well and stay smiling :o)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home