Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gone

I wrote this amazing story last night and in an instant it disappeared from my computer screen. I was rather upset after spending a good solid hour creating and researching my story. I really liked it. It was personal and I even included pictures. Then in a blink....bye!

Too many things in life nowadays are gone in an instant. Maybe is was your necklace from when you were 5 or the paper you received your first A+. It could be your new sports car or your favorite cousin. Maybe it is your favorite television series or your engagement ring. It could possibly be your parents, your glasses, your keys or even your child. Gone.....just like that.

I like that song by 3 Doors Down called "When I'm Gone", especially this part....

Everything I am
And everything in me
Wants to be the one
You wanted me to be
I'll never let you down
Even if I could
I'd give up everything
If only for your good
So hold me when I'm here
Right me when I'm wrong
You can hold me when I'm scared
You won't always be there
So love me when I'm gone

Too often we realize how we feel about something after the fact and miss the boat entirely. Why is it that we can not see until the dust is stirred up and then settled to realize what we are missing? Are we so connected with each other through all of our electronic devices that we are numb to having actual feelings? Are we becoming desensitized to loss that unless it becomes a major tragedy affecting someone within our own perimeters we do not accept it as part of our own reality? Maybe the things we cherish in our society have become too replaceable on an emotional level?

All I know is that I do not want to be loved when I am gone. I want to be loved now. I want to cherish and connect with the people and things around me in the present. I want the sensitivity to connect with fellow people on a human level. Maybe it is the girl scout in me wanting to help make the world a better place, but to also appreciate the process.

So, in the mean time....you can love me while I'm here and if in an instant I am gone, it is ok. You'll always know, you gave me exactly what I asked for.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home