Sunday, July 01, 2007

Woman to Woman


No matter how big your umbrella is,
sometimes you still get wet.

- MzAriez

I created that saying many years back. I was going through some things. I was trying hard to keep chaos out of my life, but for some reason, it kept finding its way in. All I wanted was peace in my life and some stability. I worked hard for it too. Then, something would happen to bring chaos back to my forefront. No matter how hard I tried to prepare with taking extra precautions, it would still happen. After reflecting over the years, I have learned a thing or two about the weather in my life.

Weather Lesson #1 - You can predict the weather, but you can't guarantee it.


Do the best you can to prepare, but accept that life can be unpredictable. Mother Nature/Fate plays by their own rules which of course we never get a copy.


Weather Lesson #2 - It can rain and shine at the same time.


Have you ever heard someone say that their best day was their worst day. It happens. It is like yin and yang. I believe the good part reminds you to have hope during a bad time. To me, a rainbow truly represents balance. Hope keeps you going when the rain pours and is often represented as a rainbow. Now, tell me what has to occur for a rainbow to appear? Yeah, rain and shine.

Weather Lesson #3 - Rain will eventually stop.


People will always have problems of some sort. Life is about challenges. There are many lessons to learn. Eventually, the rain will stop. There are always moments of peace when the sun shines. They may be short and fleeting, but you will find your moments. Don't forget the clouds can only hold so much rain.

Weather Lesson #4 - Rain will usually not kill you, but lightning is another thing.


Some people struggle with life. They haven't mastered the skill of balancing and continue to make poor choices or take unnecessary risks. It is not wise to stand in the rain and wave a large metal rod at lightning. Be bright in another way. This type of electricity is short-lived and overrated. It may be hard to deal with a downpour, but total destruction is hard to recover from if even possible. Keep yourself safe during a storm, you'll appreciate it later when things get better.

And don't forget....

You may get a little wet in life, but they are many ways to dry off. Got towels?

Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

5 Comments:

Blogger someone else said...

Excellent!! This should be in a book and published somewhere. Those are wonderful words of advice and lessons to learn and I'm glad you shared them.

I think I used to think that if I held the umbrella at just the right angle, the rain wouldn't get on me. Yeah right. I love your quote.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

You've got a great way of looking at life.
Thanks for visiting my blog ... please come back again soon.
Take care, Meow

6:55 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

I think this is a good way to look at life. I keep trying to avoid bad situations, but keep getting "wet" anyways! good post!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic analogy and a great life lesson. And one I can relate to: I get drenched every single day. :-)

11:22 AM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

Thanks!

The things I think of when I sit at home with a computer.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home