Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not Laughing

I got an email from classmates.com recently. It said that someone had signed my profile there and was thinking of me now. I read that and wondered who it could be. I had just been back home and wonder if word had spread. I always try for the low profile, but sometimes that doesn't work in a small town.

I clicked the button to see who was peeping me out. Boy, was I surprised! I mean damn, the heavens and earth are moving for this one! It was Benji, my first love. Awww, how sweet, you say, right? Wrong! It's how sick.

Benji died in 1988. It was one of the most tragedic moments from my high school memories. It's ok now. I survived, made peace and kept rolling with life. But no matter what, it never takes away the fact that he was my first love and will forever reign with that title and that moment in my past.

I wonder who did it. I still don't know.

Classmates is investigating. They sent me their apology and that they would take care of this matter. I hope that whoever posted it is blessed with some awareness. I am sure I am not the only surprised one to see Benji making online connections since a whole profile was created for him.

My initial sadness faded quick. Many memories of happy times flooded my mind. Somehow, he still manages to be part of my life and thoughts. That's cool. It's nice to be reminded that I have someone special out there.

Somehow through prank or wondering down memory lane, I have realized that I am not alone or forgotten afterall.

Stay sweet 'n smile............................Mz.

5 Comments:

Blogger butterflies said...

Oh my gosh that IS freaky!!
I often have ppl looking me up on old friends classmates and I dont remember any of them!
Even one of the hospice nurses said she knew me from school...WTF?? if she "knew" me ..wouldnt I "know"her?LOL

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awful of someone to impersonate your friend. Talk about low!
I have a few connections made through the site, and it was fun to retrace through memories.
I'll tell you what, I wouldn't go through High School again if they paid me though.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Looney Mom™ said...

That is just wrong. What a jerk. I can imagine your shock and anger. I hope they find out who did it. I'm glad though that you still have happy memories of Benji.

1:26 PM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

My second love died at 19. If he email me too, then I must have one sick stalker.

Will let you know what happens with classmates.com. Thanks for the kind words.

=)

Mz.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope it was an honest mistake and not some fruitcake :(

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home