Sunday, September 03, 2006

Workout in Dreamland

I woke up today in pain. I am not sure as to why my body aches like I had the workout of my life yesterday....

Yesterday was fun. I called one of my really good friends, Shanbob, the day before. I haven't talked to her all summer. She assumed that I made my annual summer journey to Ohio. This year, she was wrong. I was actually here all summer. It has been a summer of doctor visits and trying to get better. I'm still not "better", but I think I am faced in that direction now. My personal goal is to reach my birthday (April 18th) and feel normal again. I miss that feeling of just feeling like the average me in my skin. The normal feeling left last March/April and hasn't returned yet. I'm still hopeful. Anyways, I only saw Too Cold, Minnesota this summer.

Well, Shanbob was happy to hear from me and actually heading to Too Cold on her way to see her husband. It turns out that she needed help from me and the rugratz. Shanbob's husband is running in a local election and was participating in a parade north of here. She wanted me to ride in the truck with her so we could talk and let the rugratz throw candy to the kids watching the parade. Her hubby and friends would walk behind us greeting people and passing out flyers. Well, it all turned out as planned and everyone had fun. The rugratz enjoyed being in their first parade.

The rest of the day was spent back in Too Cold shopping. The rugratz start school Tuesday and we had to finish our school shopping. I am a bargain hunter and managed to find seven tops for $26. Baby girl got three top and two sweaters. Baby boy got a Starter jersey and a Tommy polo shirt. I guess you have to be at the right place and time for this to happen. Yesterday was my day. Other than the shopping, I did limited physical activity. I came home tired and headed to bed. When I went to sleep, I was not achey at all.

As I was starting to awake, yet still in dreamland, I saw a hand place a letter on my chest. I was in the laying down position still. I got up and opened it. It was four pieces of notebook paper with writing on them. The first page said for me to finish my homework. The second said to take care of myself and get healthy. The third paper said to live life and have fun. That's when I realized it was my deceased grandmother's handwriting on the paper. I got up to look to see her and turned to the fourth page and I couldn't read it because it was fading. Then, I woke up. And then, the pain hit me.

Maybe, I worked out in my sleep. It sure feels like it. Maybe it is just the weather cooling down and the bones getting older. Maybe I slept in some strange positions that was not good for the alignment. Anyways, I know I have things to to. I am happy to have connected with my grandmother if just for a few minutes, I understand her purpose. Grandma's reminders were just what I needed....guidance from a loved one and then a trip to the bathroom for a few motrin for pain.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

that is a really awesome dream. I love when you can remember them so vividly!

9:21 AM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

I like that I dream in color and in detail.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home