Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First Crush

My first crush happened in Mrs. Barrickman's first grade class. His name was Derek and I thought he was so cute. I sat next to him and just quietly admired him. I was teacher's pet and when I was asked to chose other students to help in another classroom, I chose him. He was always nice to me in the classroom and out on the playground. I just didn't know what to do except to crush on him silently.

It is amazing how one day with one small difference can change everything. His small difference was warts. He came to school one Monday bragging about playing outside and catching frogs, fish and worms. He said the coolest part was his souvenir. Then, he showed us his hands. There they were.....fresh warts. He had three on the hand next to me and others on his left on. I felt so sick looking at them. He still had the dirt under his nails and around his cuticle. That's when I realized that I like a guy with decent hands.....no warts please. That day my crush ended.

Derek always remained cute to me, but as we got older, we ended up in different circles. After graduation, I never saw him again. You know, life moves on like that.

As I reflect today, I wonder if he still enjoys playing in the dirt. I hope he does even if he gets more warts.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny C said...

Interesting how our habits show early. I too would have been troubled by warts. I think it the nuerotics... and slight neat freak I become sometimes (not all the time trust me). A crush is someone that is "perfect" and after they loose that status they really arent a crush anymore...

thanks for sharing.

1:29 AM  
Blogger MzAriez said...

Johnny....I definitely agree. Thanks for stopping by.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Now true love would have truly prevailed if you loved him...warts and all.:)

Thanks for playing. If you decide to play again and know how to create a hyperlink or permalink back in this post saying your participating in TITMT, that would be great! Also, if you play again and have questions on how to do that, I can help you with that, too.

:)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home