Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Reality Reminder

It's been one of those days....actually, one of those weeks. Every turn taken and every step made has experienced some form of resistance or obstacle. I call this period....a time for enduring and growth. It's time when the emotional/spiritual side of me really glows within supporting the struggle the physical/mental side is going through. Finally, the tears came and I felt pulled within myself. Breathing in and out becomes the important focus. Inhale.....exhale......inhale......exhale. I can hear my body in this silence. My thoughts are clear. I enjoy the peace. The struggle is no more. It is nothing but another experience of living. I continue to breathe as my spirit strengthens.

"MOM!"

My eyes blink open.

"MOM!"

I look around. I am in my room. I feel the physical pain again. My door opens and in plops two beautiful faces looking at me. They seek my attention and remind me of their needs. Reality is back and the chaotic moments that come with it. I offer suggestions and send them on their way. Both leave happy and smiling never seeing the slight grimace of pain on my face. The good feeling lingers through and I am happy my reality is filled with their love and the joy it causes.

"MOM!"

I look up. There they are again standing in my doorway.

"Want some?"

It was soup. Chicken noodle soup. They knew I was sick and they made me soup to get better. How sweet....and warm.....and tasty.....reality really is.


Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home