Sunday, March 23, 2003

Hello again.

Hello again.

That time of year caught up to me the past couple of weeks. The sniffle season bopped me a good one on the head and boy did it hurt. Today, I am feeling better. Some homemade chicken noodle soup can do that for a person. Growing up, my grandma would always make soup for me when I was sick. Most kids enjoyed being able to stay home and watch TV all day. I looked forward for the call. Grandma would want to know what kind of soup I wanted. She made so many, that it could be a hard decision to just choose one. For the longest my favorite was potato soup.

Grandma had worked as a cook and was always cutting out recipes from different magazines. I was amazed when looking through some of her recipe collection, but I never remember seeing a recipe for potato soup. I don't know where she learned how to make it but it was so delicious. It made me so happy and gave me the warm fuzzies.

One day, I was looking around in the frig and found a sealed bowl. I got excited because I remembered that there was potato soup in that bowl. I cracked the lid and sniffed the soup while thinking about how good it was going to taste. My smile was quick to fad. The ever wonderful potato soup had chemically altered itself into a new entity that was neither pretty or tasty. The smell and the sight of "old" potato soup has forever haunted me. Whenever I think about it or hear the words potato soup, the flashbacks return and my stomach cringes. Thank goodness that Grandma had other recipes.

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.