Friday, February 28, 2003

When I was taking a college class, the professor challenged us to write 100 and 150 word papers. He said to use precision words. To me, it was a real challenge to say what I meant in such a limited amount of words. Somehow, I was able to accomplish it, but I was so glad when each assignment was finished. So now that I am out in the real world and no longer sheltered by the college life bubble, I continue to challenge myself. Although it may still be out of my reach, I continue to write and practice the use of precision words. Once again, here's another 100 word story.

The Shovel

It is dark and I can’t see. I am surrounded by walls. I feel them, but can’t see them. I wonder if I can see. Then, a beam of light shines hope down towards me. I can see. I reach and grab ledges in the wall. I pull myself upward. Finally, I reach the top and crawl out.. I am happy to be free. Never wanting to end up like that again, I grab a shovel. With each scoop of dirt, my smile grows bigger. I carry the shovel now. I can fill holes instead of stepping into them.

Do you get it?

Stay sweet 'n smile.........................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home