Sunday, February 23, 2003

For the past couple of weeks, I have been counting down the weeks left until spring. Punxsutawney Phil said six more weeks of winter, so I am waiting to see if he was accurate this year. I hope that he is because a couple of days ago, we had some warm 40 degree weather pass through this way. Spring fever became very contagious. Cases of it popped up everywhere. Typical signs of it were seeing people wear shorts or going without their winter coats. It amazes me to see how warm 40 degrees feels after spending time in a -20 degrees wind chill. I have to admit I caught it too. I don't think I contracted a full-blown case, but it has definitely hit me.

I love spring. I love seeing all the dead grass and empty trees transform with a new beginning. This renewal reminds me of all the blessings we receive and the hope we should have. I have alot of hope. When I look out at the thermometer on my patio and see that it is 5 degrees here, I have utter faith that it will one day be warmer. 40 degrees is only around the block. Then, I will slowly make my transformation from my winter wear to my cheerful spring collection. With the word from my good friend, Punxsutawney Phil, I know it won't be long. So for now, I will continue to count down the last 3 weeks left til spring. I won't let the frozen wind dampen my anticipation of wearing skirts again and will let my hope warm me until the weather does.

Hey Phil! I am counting on you!

Stay sweet 'n smile.....................Mz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home